Initial F14 developers-only release for XO and XO-1.5

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 10:20:55 EDT 2010

> The XO-1.5 build does not boot for me, I get the following after
> flashing the image:
>
> Boot device: /wlan Argumenst:
> Scan for: OLPCOFW not found
> Scan for: school-mesh-0 not found
> Scan for: school-mesh-1 not found
> Scan for: school-mesh-2 not found
> <buffer at ff83b080>:0:
> Can't open boot device
>
> Anyone else booted the XO-1.5 image already?

I have booted the XO-1.5 image but did not use OFW to install it.
Since I am running it from an SDHC card I manually extracted the
filesystems onto the card.  I have an updated kernel rpm that fixes a
few of initial bugs that needed squashing with the XO 1.5.  I can post
that if people want to do extended testing.

That error looks like OFW is not finding a bootable device.  What
output do you get if you do dir int:\boot\ from the OFW prompt?

-Jon