[support-gang] [IAEP] Announcing the OLPC OS 10.1.2 final release!

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Sep 7 20:38:29 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 07:00:42AM -0400, Kevin Mark wrote:
> Would it be worth someones time to find a way to notify the user about
> this: That it is waiting to be plugged-in or for sufficient voltage
> before it completes the firmware upgrade.

Worth it?  Not sure.  It is hard to see how many people would be
affected.

I agree with Paul, it could be done as a Sugar frame device icon, or
even a use of notify-send from a post-boot script.  notify-send works
fine for GNOME.  Probably worth fixing Sugar's display of notify-send
output though.  ;-(  It only displays an icon top right corner.  0.84.

I wouldn't do it in OpenFirmware, it's already done there and still
people don't read it.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/