[support-gang] [IAEP] Announcing the OLPC OS 10.1.2 final release!

Cherry Withers cwithers at ekindling.org
Fri Sep 3 21:12:56 EDT 2010

Hi James,

Ok. I MIGHT have found the culprit to my "XO 1.5 firmware not updating"
issue. I noticed my laptop that's plugged in to a surge protector (the same
surge protector that I used when I updated the 1.5) , momentarily dimmed
when I moved the surge protector with my foot. I just noticed that today. So
I plugged in my XO 1.0 to a wall socket instead to update and both the Sugar
and Firmware updated to the latest release build. Will investigate further
with XO 1.5 when I'm ready.

However, updating my XO 1.0 to the latest release is not very peachy. I will
post it in a separate e-mail as it is a continuing saga of instability.

Best,
Cherry
P.S. Thanks for the advice on the Nandblaster!