[IAEP] "Mesh" Dreams = OLSR

Reuben K. Caron reuben at laptop.org
Fri Sep 3 14:36:40 EDT 2010

Mike,

Thank you for the information!

To be clear, from what I understand from our discussions in the past
you're topology looks like

AP(802.11A + OLSRD) ----- AP (802.11B/G) ----- XO

You have several AP(802.11A + OLSRD) acting as your backbone and they
drop down to standard AP (802.11B/G) for connection to the XOs.

Please let me know if this is correct.

Out of curiosity: have you considered extending your OLSR network to
the AP (802.11B/G)'s and installing the OLRSd binary on your XOs so
the OLSR network can be extended beyond the school?

Thanks,

Reuben