Ubuntu on XO-1.5

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Sep 2 00:24:24 EDT 2010

Announcing XO-1.5 Ubuntu desktop and minimal builds, based on 10.04
"lucid" and the "maverick" testing suite that should lead to 10.10.

The desktop build is GNOME based, is 284 MB compressed, 814 MB
installed, and is built on a 2 GB partition size.

The minimal build avoids X and contains only text virtual consoles, is
138 MB compressed, 258 MB installed, and is built on a 512 MB
partition size.

The .zd files can be installed using fs-update on an unsecured XO-1.5
with an internal SD size of 2 GB or more.

Download from:
http://dev.laptop.org/~quozl/uxo/2010-09-02/

These use the OLPC kernel as is, from our build os852 for 10.1.2.

Please do not log bugs.  Patches only, thanks.

Known problems:

- no power management, the olpc-powerd package is not yet installed,

- "no notifications" either side of date in GNOME panel, probably some
  package is missing,

git://dev.laptop.org/users/quozl/uxo is my repository of scripts that
construct these builds.  Thanks to Andres Salomon for the ideas in
debxo that have been copied.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/