Initial F14 developers-only release for XO and XO-1.5

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Wed Sep 1 06:03:23 EDT 2010

Booted ok on XO-1.  At its current level, this system is already usable.
 [Was even able to apply my customizations, except for doing editing.]

In Terminal, cursor movement keys don't work.  [I also saw interference
to Terminal (white background) from dmesg? lines (black background),
after each boot -- but these would go away if I just restarted Sugar.]

Could not use text console (alt-ctl-Fn combo appears to be ignored).

Came up with ad-hoc network on channel 1 (interface wlan0).  I stopped
that, started mesh manually, made sure mesh multicast was active, was
able to transfer files with rsync (via mesh) between XO-1 systems.

Was able to run a number of Activities.  The bowdlerized Speak refused
to answer some of my questions.  Record never crashed - not even in
'High' quality on XO-1.  Among the non-starters were Chat and TamTam.

The 'My Settings' XO-color choice will be nice, once I figure it out.

Multimedia o.k.  Never had Sugar crash in several hours running XO-1.

Thank you muchly for your great leap forward,  mikus