OLPC wireless startup at boot time

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 12:53:39 EDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 11:38 PM, Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:
> Another way to see some of them is to use suspend on lid close.  If you shift
> to the Neighborhood View before closing the lid, you can watch what happens
> after you open it.
>  http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10388

Very relevant. Note that part of the delay comes from NM -- if you
search there's been a thread (here? fedora-devel?) on removing delays
before scan/connect in NM.

 - Preserving "last scan results" may improve user experience.

 - Waking up the WLAN & scanning ASAP is key -- I think we are
reasonably good there already

 - Trying to pick quickly which AP to connect to is problematic. The
preferred AP may only appear on the 2nd or 3rd scan. See earlier
discussions about asking NM to wait _longer_ on that task to work on a
more complete list of available networks.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions