olpc-os-builder -- injecting Sugar translations

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 11:58:25 EDT 2010

[ working with a deployment team on planning... ]

We have 4 local languages that are not in Sugar nor Linux/Fedora
localizations. The plan so far is to start working on Sugar's Pootle
for Sugar and Activities. The timeframes don't allow for a full cycle
upstream (not even glibc knows about them).

How do we inject them into an OS image? I suspect we'll need an
os-image-builder module to

 - frob libc locales list (if required)
 - install sugar translations
 - install activity translations

Is there a better way? Am I missing anything?

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions