#10363 NORM 10.1.3: Auto-Suspend gets in the way when sharing over Salut

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed Oct 13 05:47:07 EDT 2010

On 10/13/2010 12:29 AM, James Cameron wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 05:27:27PM +0200, Simon Schampijer wrote:
>> For 0.84 we can do what powerd offers, creating a file based on the pid
>> in /var/run/powerd-inhibit-suspend/ (those are removed by powerd when it
>> goes into suspend the next time).
>
> If I understand correctly, these are only removed if the process with
> the pid no longer exists.  We can rely on /var/run being empty on boot,
> since it is a tmpfs.

Right, so in the case of an activity that inhibit suspend because it is
shared you have to close the activity in order to get out of that state.
There is currently no way to 'un-share' an activity. So, in order for
powerd to kick in the activity has to be closed and therefore it will
remove the file. Or do I oversee something why we can not rely on my
assumption?

Regards,
    Simon