Script to install missing langs?

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 19:49:58 EDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 8:23 AM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-10-09 at 23:55 -0400, Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:
>> The build script filters out _all_ translation files, so even if glibc
>> and sugar translations are there (and glibc contains the locale data
>> as well), there might be other (usually low priority) translation
>> files missing. For that, it is probably best to do a new spin.
>
> Yes, but the messages from system packages are unlikely to appear in the
> Sugar UI... I can't think of anything except for ERRNO strings, which
> are in glibc.

I think there are some stock GTK+ stuff, and maybe error messages from
other parts of the GNOME platform.

> BTW: I was wondering if you know why the Fedora RPMs for Sugar and
> Activities include message catalogs for en and even all the en_*
> variants:

It was a hack that was used at some points to fix typos in code (eg:
if you had "Wopen" in the source code, you could probably just change
the translation of "Wopen" to "Open" in en_US, since if you changed
"Wopen" to "Open" in the code, all other translations would had to be
updated as well).

-sdg-

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta