Script to install missing langs?

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sun Oct 10 08:23:05 EDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-10-09 at 23:55 -0400, Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:
> The build script filters out _all_ translation files, so even if glibc
> and sugar translations are there (and glibc contains the locale data
> as well), there might be other (usually low priority) translation
> files missing. For that, it is probably best to do a new spin.

Yes, but the messages from system packages are unlikely to appear in the
Sugar UI... I can't think of anything except for ERRNO strings, which
are in glibc.

BTW: I was wondering if you know why the Fedora RPMs for Sugar and
Activities include message catalogs for en and even all the en_*
variants:

 bernie at giskard:~$ ls /usr/share/locale/en_US/LC_MESSAGES/
 compiz.mo                          org.laptop.Log.mo
 gcalctool.mo                       org.laptop.Terminal.mo
 libxine1.mo                        org.laptop.TurtleArtActivity.mo
 org.laptop.AbiWordActivity.mo      org.laptop.sugar.Jukebox.mo
 org.laptop.Calculate.mo            org.laptop.sugar.ReadActivity.mo
 org.laptop.Chat.mo                 wget.mo
 org.laptop.ImageViewerActivity.mo  yelp.mo

The "en" strings are built-in, so normally packages do not ship external
catalogs for them. It smells like a bug in bundlebuilder.