An XO on its last legs?

Snow Wolf snowwolf75 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 21:00:06 EST 2010

So of late, I've been wondering if my XO is approaching total failure. Help
me judge, based on these symptoms::
When opening and booting the laptop, the power light and light in top left
will come on... nothing else. Child boy needed to get it working.
Occasionally opening the lid  the same state as before will occur.
Recentaly, a black screen freeze occured during startup.

So I'm fairly sure it's an origianl XO-1, but ive upraded it to 802 along
the way. What must I do to get it working well again?