Synaptics driver on XO-1.5 hw?

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Tue Nov 2 00:38:07 EDT 2010

On 10/28/2010 04:25 PM, Martin Langhoff wrote:

>> super-strange EC behaviour in this mode. I don't know if anyone has
>> tested if the same occurs on XO-1.5.
>
> Well, I have now.
>
> Works very nicely, does not show any of the scary issues discussed in
> #8901. It may still be spewing too much information, not sure how to
> measure that. EC does not seem to get swamped or confused.

I was just having a discussion about this here in Taipei.  There is some
additional checking needed.

We 2nd source as many components as possible and there is a 2nd source
for the touchpad.  Synaptics and AVC.  Both are used in production.

The AVC touchpad is billed as a "complete" replacement for synaptics but
one area where we might see differences is in the handling of backed up
data if its flow controlled for a long time.

I don't know if its possible to detect which device is present but I
suspect that you can't since it supposed to be a drop in replacement.

I've pointed quanta at your trac ticket and instructions and asked them
to test with both Synaptics and AVC.

For those of you at 1cc there are some spare AVC touchpad samples buried
on my desk neat the monitors if someone wants to test.

--
Richard A. Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop per Child