Synaptics driver on XO-1.5 hw?

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Mon Nov 1 13:33:15 EDT 2010

martin wrote:
 > On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 11:01 AM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
 > >> Are there reasons to think Synaptics may now work?
 > >
 > > As far as I know there is still no explanation nor diagnosis for the
 > > super-strange EC behaviour in this mode. I don't know if anyone has
 > > tested if the same occurs on XO-1.5.
 >
 > Well, I have now.
 >
 > Works very nicely, does not show any of the scary issues discussed in
 > #8901. It may still be spewing too much information, not sure how to
 > measure that. EC does not seem to get swamped or confused.

it's entirely possible that the incremental performance improvements
that have gone into the EC over time have changed the behavior.  be
sure to test touchpad sanity while battery is both charging and
discharging, since it's the battery calculations that can hold off ps2
bytes from being transferred.

paul