[Sugar-devel] ANNOUNCE: Sugar 0.88 for the XO-1

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Sun May 30 16:19:50 EDT 2010

On 26 May 2010 06:16, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Bernie Innocenti <bernie at codewiz.org>
> wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > we've just started a new development cycle aimed at providing Sugar 0.88
> > for the XO-1. Our focus is stability and usability for deployments,
> > although we're also attempting to merge a couple of low-risk features
> > developed in Uruguay.
> >
> > Full details are here:
> >
> >  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Deployment_Team/Sugar-0.88_Notes
>

> Is F-11 still the base OS for this?
>
> Peter

Just for my knowledge, does Fedora have an equivalent to Ubuntu's long-term
support releases?

Without thinking too deeply about the implications, it make sense (to me) to
peg XO development to something that's stable over a few years. That way
package versions etc will be widely known and consistent.

/me reads [1]. Apparently not. Is there anyway to achieve
something similar without needing to pay for RHEL, which is probably a bit
of an overkill?

Best regards,

Tim McNamara
@timClicks