[Sugar-devel] New XO-1.5 10.2.0 build 125 - control panel

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun May 23 19:57:00 EDT 2010

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 07:15:54PM -0400, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> El Mon, 24-05-2010 a las 08:36 +1000, James Cameron escribi??:
> > Observation and comment: the icons are not evenly spaced across the
> > screen; they are spaced according to the length of the text under each
> > icon.  Therefore the grid system is either inapplicable or the text
> > should be wrapped.
>
> Works fine on 0.88.

"evenly spaced" was the wrong phrase, sorry.  I've tested again on Sugar
0.88, the icons are not regularly positioned horizontally.  That is,
their centre to centre distance varies.  This looks unpleasant to me.

> > Incidentally, there's a search entry box on the top left of the control
> > panel which does not do anything.
>
> Also works fine on 0.88.

Agreed.  I had only typed "a", and there was no response.  When I type
"ab" the "About Me", "About my Computer" and "Network" icons remain
sensitive, all others are insensitive.  Doesn't work on 0.84.

> Quick, let's backport also the control panel to 0.84! ;-)

Yes, good idea.  Actually, we could backport all of 0.88 and call it
0.84.  Why stop there, why not backport all of 0.90 and call it 0.82?
;-)

> > I agree with a later observation that the control panel could take full
> > screen and behave as an activity.
>
> Indeed. I also think we're abusing the centralized control panel concept
> for settings that could stay closer to the UI element they refer to.

Yes, we have a hammer, every problem is a nail.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/