How can I recover a bum battery?

James Cameron quozl at
Sun May 23 19:18:05 EDT 2010

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 01:37:07PM -0500, Mikus Grinbergs wrote:
> Yes, the 1.5 OFW does have 'bat-debug-log'.  Does that command take
> the name of its output file as a parameter?

No, it writes to disk:\batdbug.log

(Verified by typing "see bat-debug-log").

> I do have a serial port (and have used it) - but at the moment, none of
> my machines has its back off.

For your interest, if you have an open wireless access point or a USB
ethernet dongle supported by OFW, then you can capture OFW output using
another system.

The "telnetd" command starts a TELNET server on OFW and displays the
address that should be used.

Unless told otherwise, OFW first looks for an open access point called
OLPCOFW.  The "essid" command can be used to tell it an alternate access
point name.

So for example to capture "see-bstate" output I was able to do this:

ok essid
ok telnetd
Scan for: found
Associate with: