a Git question

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sun May 23 09:39:49 EDT 2010

El Sat, 22-05-2010 a las 06:33 -0400, George Hunt escribió:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Bruce Bell-Myers offered to work with me on an activity.  I created
> some code and pushed it to sugarlabs git with the results mentioned in
> the forwarded message.  This morning it occurred to me that I may have
> created a permissions problem for myself.  I created my private key as
> root, and it is stored under /root on my local machine -- so when I'm
> wanting to push to sugarlabs I need to become root to do the push. Is
> it possible that the identity I used during the push is not being
> masked completely on the server, and I'm encountering root squash-like
> behavior?

Nope. All users access the repositories as user "gitorious". Permissions
and file ownership are the same regardless of what user did the push.

You could create another key for your user account and upload it to
gitorious. Then, make a new clone from scratch.

Alternatively, you could move /root/.ssh/id_rsa* to ~/.ssh/. You could
also move the already checked-out repository to your home. In both
cases, make sure you change the ownership of all files.

> Or maybe there is human intervention that I need to request.
>
> Anyone have ideas on how I should proceed?

If you still have trouble after following the above tips, come to #sugar
on irc.freenode.net for interactive support. Besides me, you can find
many others who use git regularly.

(be patient, it may take some time for people to notice you and
respond).