RelNotes for "8.2.2" -

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri May 21 16:33:25 EDT 2010

Hi list,

While I am waiting for Q2E44, I've drafted a relnotes page for "8.2.2"
-- here http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Martinlanghoff/Release_notes/8.2.2
.

The script used to create it is at
http://dev.laptop.org/git/users/martin/image-builder/ and the rpms and
activities involved at http://dev.laptop.org/~martin/8.2.2/

My plan is to use it with upcoming upgrades at deployments that want
8.2.x + antitheft features, and are therefore making (and signing)
their own images.

We can (and I believe we should) release it formally, including
signing it. This would benefit smaller deployments that only run
signed releases -- and some of the bugfixes are of general interest.
It would also avoid us having a "semi" release floating around.

On the other hand, if there are significant concerns I am happy to
leave it as a "recommended build" rather than a proper release.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions