Dead Production WLAN card

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Thu May 20 12:03:30 EDT 2010

> NM doesn't touch the rfkill settings.  unchecking the gnome applet's
> "Enable Wireless" doesn't change the output of "rfkill list", nor
> does it affect the output of iwconfig.  i don't actually know what
> it really does do.
>
> (annoyingly, unchecking the applet's "Enable Networking" disables
> networking in a way that i can't undo.  oh -- restarting gnome
> seems to fix it.)

Sorry everyone it was my mistake thinking that GNOME nm-applet used
rfkill.  However the test scenario used by Quanta was executed
properly.  I was using GNOME and NetworkManager to disable the
wireless before suspending the machine and bringing it home.

I will have the pictures ready in a few minutes.

Jon