[support-gang] touchpad woes: quick fix?

K. K. Subramaniam kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Thu May 20 04:14:25 EDT 2010

On Saturday, May 15, 2010 07:07:39 am Becky Young wrote:
> Has anyone tried using a document camera to display the XO screen on a big
> screen?  Teachers have started using them at my school although there is
> only one to share among 10+ teachers.
You could remove the top seal of a used light bulb, use a pen/pencil to gently
break the inner glass tube that holds the tungsten filament. This will give you
a thin glass container. Now pour clear (distilled) water into it and use it as
a magnifying lens to project the screen onto a wall.

You may have to turn the brightness of the display all the way up and darken
the room. Whether it works for you or not, it will be great fun to recycle
throw away stuff into useful gadgets ;-). Atleast I did, growing up a kid in a
village in India.

HTH .. Subbu