problems with an XO

Rodolfo D. Arce S. rodolfo.arce.s at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 11:40:44 EDT 2010

Hello:

I'm following the procedures and i have some insight

Connected cable in XO to serial adapter, connected to extra computer....

# ./forth spiflash.dic
ok line /dev/ttyUSB0
ok flash q2e41.rom

when in the serial console, i tryed to flash with the q2e41.rom file that is
published in the olpc wiki, and it gives this error

ok flash q2e41.rom
Image file is the wrong length

I dowloaded the q2e18.rom file from the OLPC wiki and starts fine:

ok flash q2e18.rom
Checking Integrity..

and it stays there for a long time.. more than the 17 min.. close to half an
hour and counting

any thoughts?

How can I tell if something is being writen to the flash?

How can I tell if the machine has something (good or bad ) in the flash?

thanks a lot for the help so far.. i hope to continue fixing this sort of
problems

cheers.. R

--
Rodolfo D. Arce S.