New XO-1.5 10.2.0 build 116

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 22:43:08 EDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org> wrote:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/F11_for_1.5
> http://build.laptop.org/10.2.0/os116
>
> Compressed image size: 678.37mb (+0.01mb since build 115)
>
> Description of changes in this build:
>  * powerd: fix auto-reconnection after an idle-suspend (#10086)
>  * pull F11 updates
>
> Package changes since build 115:
>
> -bind-libs-9.6.2-1.fc11.i586
> +bind-libs-9.6.2-2.P1.fc11.i586
> -bind-utils-9.6.2-1.fc11.i586
> +bind-utils-9.6.2-2.P1.fc11.i586
> -olpc-powerd-13-1.fc11.i586
> +olpc-powerd-15-1.fc11.i586
> -openssl-0.9.8k-5.fc11.i686
> +openssl-0.9.8m-1.fc11.i686

I finally got my XO-1.5 back from my 9 year old to do some updates and
testing. It was running the final from January so has not been updated
in a while. I updated first the firmware to q3a35.rom and then the OS
to os116.zd

First problem I have run into is that I see a problem with wireless
networks after rebuilding. They showed up for about 30 seconds and
then disappeared. From the lack of yellow lights on the wireless I
believe it quit scanning at that point. I then did a soft reboot and
saw that the network did not seem to come back. I need to troubleshoot
that so any help would be appreciated. [ A complete power cycle
brought back the radio and I was able to reconnect with WPA2 again.
However about 60 seconds later the radio light went off the screen and
networking went away. The dmesg shows a mmc2 dump and lines saying
"mmc2: Got data interrupt 0x00100000 even though no data operation was
in progress.]

Next problem was touching the power button caused the screen to go
'crazy' for a bit. [As it it were at the wrong sync rate on an old
monitor. I touched the power button again and it went to sleep. Not
sure if that is expected or not.

Do I need to go back to a different firmware?
--
Stephen J Smoogen.

-- Robert Browning