Adobe Flash 10.1 + AIR 2.0 on the XO

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 10:30:19 EDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 8:53 AM, Reuben K. Caron <reuben at laptop.org> wrote:
> Yes and no. Anyone technically capable to rebuild our build system, as you
> mention below, will be able to easily script the installation of AIR.

Nope. I am fairly good with it, and I cannot script the installation
of AIR. If you have a technique, time to share it.

>> - Licensing issues need to be sorted out. Carlos and anyone
>> interested _must chase Adobe_, not OLPC.
>
> No again, OLPC should have done the legwork so deployments don't have to
> jump through the hurdles of obtaining licensing from Adobe.

[citation needed]

Key question: will the resulting image be openly redistributable? If
not, it will impact on deployments'  practices (like publishing their
images openly for download).

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions