Adobe Flash 10.1 + AIR 2.0 on the XO

Ed McNierney ed at laptop.org
Wed Mar 24 08:59:53 EDT 2010

Folks -

OLPC already has a license from Adobe to redistribute Adobe Flash.  We can provide that to any deployment that requests it; if a deployment decides they need it, we don't need to force them to install it themselves.

However, Adobe pointed out that since OLPC's Linux distro (a Fedora Remix) is not a supported platform, they're not interested in bug reports unless they are reproduced on stock Fedora and reported as Fedora bugs.  Having spoken to Adobe about this, I found absolutely no evidence that anyone there's eager to do anything specific for OLPC XO laptops.

I also made no effort to sell them on the idea; I just wanted to be sure that if a deployment decided on their own that they needed to provide the Adobe Flash player, OLPC wasn't unreasonably making it harder than necessary for them.

	- Ed