Devel Digest, Vol 49, Issue 43

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 08:04:38 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 8:56 PM, Carlos Nazareno <object404 at gmail.com> wrote:
> THERE ARE NOW FREE AND OPEN SOURCE TOOLS FOR CREATING FLASH CONTENT.

Don't scream! They are new, it'll take a while... until someone does
the work of getting the right rpms into Fedora, Debian, etc. This is a
DIY world. Get it done if you care, or pester Adobe.

I am rather tided of all this drowning in a teardrop.

Lots of languages' runtimes aren't included in our platform, but are
easily added by a deployment team. Flash is just one of them; this
isn't kindergarden really, Adobe's programmers are capable of solving
problems, surely they'll know how to request an XO, make rpms of their
software, test it, fix bugs, etc.

Stop complaining to OLPC, and start complaining to *Adobe*. You are
actually paying money for their software license, so use the leverage
that it gives you. They have abundant resources to hire programmers.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions