Adobe Flash 10.1 + AIR 2.0 on the XO

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 07:52:53 EDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 12:19 AM, Reuben K. Caron <reuben at laptop.org> wrote:
> IMHO, OLPC would be able to provide deployments with the option of including
> Adobe Flash, while continuing to include Gnash as default

There are some aspects that are outside of OLPC control

 - We need RPMs from Adobe -- in the case if AIR, they are not
available. Carlos and anyone else interested _must chase Adobe_, not
OLPC.

 - Licensing issues need to be sorted out. Carlos and anyone
interested _must chase Adobe_, not OLPC.

 - If Adobe cares about running well on XOs, Adobe should ask for
laptops through the contributors programme (like everyone else!).
Carlos any anyone interested must chase Adobe on that.

With those 2 sorted out, it's damned trivial to add it to an 8.2.x
build (using my latest patches to install arbitrary rpms), and thanks
to the more flexible build system for f11 builds it's trivial to add
it to an XO-1.5 image.

There is noone at OLPC blocking this. Go folks, go lobby Adobe.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions