Adobe Flash 10.1 + AIR 2.0 on the XO

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Wed Mar 24 00:04:07 EDT 2010

In reaction to all the posts, I installed AIR on my XO-1.5.

 -  The AIR install took multiple steps, and used mainstream procedures
    rather than OLPC procedures

 -  Install of an AIR application -- ditto.  [The AIR application would
    not install under user olpc - only under user root.]

 -  The application install wanted to put a shortcut on the desktop
    -- I'm not using a 'desktop', I'm using the Sugar interface

 -  The application install left cruft in HOME and in /tmp.  Some
    was in a directory named '.kde' -- I don't WANT kde on my XO.

 -  I ended up doing 'kill -9' to get rid of the application's session.

I fail to see why an OLPC user would want to run AIR -- go get a netbook
(with 'desktop', '.kde', etc.) and stop "bastardizing" the OLPC.

mikus