Adobe Flash 10.1 + AIR 2.0 on the XO

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Mar 23 20:53:35 EDT 2010

On 24.03.2010, at 01:42, Carlos Nazareno wrote:

> I don't get it.
> [...]
> Why is allowing additional tools & a new pool of content creators bad for OLPC?

We're not preventing anything. You're free to package the Adobe player and anything else needed to run your game into a Sugar activity. In fact there are proprietary game activities for the XO already.

We're just not actively *supporting* that consumeristic attitude because ...

> --
> carlos nazareno
> "if you don't like the way the world is running,
> then change it instead of just complaining."

... that's precisely what we try to do.

- Bert -