Activities updated in 802b4 - test request

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 19:33:53 EDT 2010

Hi all!

I am uploading 802b4 to http://dev.laptop.org/~martin/8.2.2-betas/ --
the main purpose of this build is to test updated activities. I did an
initial round of smoketesting, and activities fall in 3 buckets:

 - no update
 - updated, superficial testing didn't find problems
 - updated, found something...

So my test request is: double check on those that I couldn't find any
problems with, and help us get more info on the ones that seem buggy!

Maybe I've been too good as a tester, and found corner case bugs...

=No update=

Anything not listed below ;-)

= Updated, apparently good =

Listed below -- version in 802-G1G1, new version.

Calculate 25 -> 30
Distance 14 -> 18
Etoys -- 94 -> 99
Implode 5 -> 9
Memorize 33 -> 34
Moon 10 -> 11
Pippy 30 -> 35
TamTamEdit 50 -> 52
TamTamJam 51 -> 53
TamTamMini 49 -> 52
TamTamSynthLab 51 -> 53
Terminal 18 -> 31
Wikipedia 10 -> 11 (Spanish)
SocialCalc Activity 1 -> 5
Speak 9 -> 14 -- works very nice but may be held back because the new
toolbar is confusing (is there a version > 9 that has the oldstyle
toolbar?
TurtleArt 10 -> 82 (!!!)

Chat is a special case. I kept it on v48, but would be good to know if
there is a newer version that works well on 802b4. Mikus reports the
latest doesn't work well, and that v60 works but has important UI
changes.

= Updated, may have bugs =

These newer versions are claimed by ASLO's database to be compatible with 0.82

 - Colors 13 -> 15 -- it mostly worked correctly. I found odd bugs in
some cases in shared mode; the buddies joining would see the right
paintstrokes but with the wrong thickness or color. Maybe the bug is
there on v13 too, and this is not a regression...?

 - Log 16 -> 18 -- fails to start, errors out on "import gio".

 - Measure 24 -> 29 -- "Keep error"

 - Paint 23 -> 27 -- shared paint sessions fail to start on the buddy

 - Read 56 -> 86 -- uses gconf, dies on 'import gconf'

 - Record 59 -> 64 -- My test was heavy duty: go through each tab
(picture, video, audio) and capture acouple of both, and then start
the tab cycle again. OOMd twice, worked flawlessly once, needs more
investigation. There is no denying that it OOMd or crashed, but it
maystill be an improvement over v59

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions