New XO-1.5 10.2.0 build 112

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sun Mar 14 22:35:48 EDT 2010

> ... there is only one way to make the system
> reliable, and that is to implement power saving via Cpuidle.

My concern is that it might be difficult to "tune" Cpuidle to
distinguish between "non-essential" processing (which could tolerate
suspending) versus background activity whose completion the user is
nevertheless awaiting (and which should preferably avoid suspending).

I use ethernet rather than wireless.  Historically, my systems have
suspended despite an ongoing (via ethernet) data transfer -- that's why
at home (when my XOs are plugged in to AC) I disable suspend.  I am
doubtful whether Cpuidle would consider the small amount of CPU
processing involved with handling ethernet packet interrupts as
exceeding whatever "idle threshold" it has been designed to recognize.

mikus