Commit 2671e48d broke camera on XO-1

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-olpc-devel at silbe.org
Sat Mar 13 18:00:04 EST 2010

Hi Jonathan!

One of your somewhat recent commits, 2671e48d [1], broke the camera on
XO-1.
The CaFE TWSI port that is used for controlling the ov7670 on the XO-1
is listed as an SMBus by i2cdetect, which I suspect is the reason for
the breakage:

xo-bine:~# i2cdetect -l
i2c-0   smbus           CS5536 ACB0                             SMBus
adapter
i2c-1   smbus           cafe_ccic                               SMBus
adapter

The TWSI port is Vdd=2.5..3.3V only, so not fully I2C compliant => SMBus
is the best fit.
So I guess the best "fix" would be to make your changes dependant on the
machine, using the olpc_board_at_least() function.

[1]
http://dev.laptop.org/git/olpc-2.6/commit/?h=olpc-2.6.31-updates&id=2671e48d3167e3ae498c142dc3e90b5420a9bb67

CU Sascha

--