resizing rootfs to fit the disk

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 17:04:11 EST 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 10:52 PM, Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org> wrote:
> So, I'd say go ahead with this plan -- resize on first boot, but after
> userspace is up and running (and if it fails, try it again until it
> succeeds?).  And, of course, we should test power loss during resize
> some more.

Sounds reasonable to me.

 - There should be a flag for devs / deployment teams to disable it.

 - With some added bundles, there is the risk that our Journal-is-full
warning might appear on first boot; maybe it should not appear or use
a lower threshold until the "resize complete" flag is set.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions