New keyboard layouts

Sridhar Dhanapalan sridhar at
Tue Jun 22 10:01:55 EDT 2010

On 29 April 2010 07:19, James Cameron <quozl at> wrote:
> Australian teachers that I've met have pointed out that their kids are
> primarily taught lowercase letters, and would prefer a keyboard to be
> marked with lowercase letters rather than uppercase letters.

I'm coming late to the party as I only just discovered this thread.
OLPC Australia's experiences completely concur with James' statement.
A keyboard in lower case characters would be brilliant.

Has there been any update with development and availability in the two
months since this announcement?

Sridhar Dhanapalan
Technical Co-ordinator
One Laptop per Child (OLPC) Australia