Anyone playing with Ubuntu on XO-1.5?

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Mon Jun 14 12:53:25 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 18:33, David Farning <dfarning at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Martin Langhoff
> <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
>> [ Put aside the tinfoil hats (there's no Ubuntu conspiracy) and the
>> distro flames (no, I don't want to know which one is better). ]
>>
>> Curious minds want to know...
>
> At this point Sugar on Ubuntu is unusable broken.  Activity Central
> has signed a 12 month contract with Seeta.in to create and maintain
> Ubuntu on Sugar.  I hope that by Aug we will have a usable set of
> packages which can be test on the XO-1.5.
>
> As all ways, community support is appreciated.  A working Sugar on
> Ubuntu is just one of several protects which I feel need to be nudged
> into moving forward.... and I am just 'putting my money where my mouth
> is' to make it happen.

I know the work you are sponsoring must be costing you lots, but if
you could sponsor someone to attend the next UDS, I think it will pay
off greatly.

I have to confess than in the Maverick UDS there was a blueprint about
Sugar but I messed the schedule up and attended something else instead
:(

But once you get there, and if you can find the right person, you can
have a much better upstream-downstream conversation than most people
think.

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/community-maverick-edubuntu-packages

Regards,

Tomeu