Anyone playing with Ubuntu on XO-1.5?

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 12:33:49 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> [ Put aside the tinfoil hats (there's no Ubuntu conspiracy) and the
> distro flames (no, I don't want to know which one is better). ]
>
> Curious minds want to know...

At this point Sugar on Ubuntu is unusable broken.  Activity Central
has signed a 12 month contract with Seeta.in to create and maintain
Ubuntu on Sugar.  I hope that by Aug we will have a usable set of
packages which can be test on the XO-1.5.

As all ways, community support is appreciated.  A working Sugar on
Ubuntu is just one of several protects which I feel need to be nudged
into moving forward.... and I am just 'putting my money where my mouth
is' to make it happen.

david