multicast route missing on ad-hoc+mesh

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Tue Jun 1 13:04:07 EDT 2010

On 06/01/2010 03:32 PM, Daniel Drake wrote:
> On 1 June 2010 02:55, Sascha Silbe
> <sascha-ml-ui-sugar-olpc-devel at silbe.org>  wrote:
>> Excerpts from James Cameron's message of Tue Jun 01 00:42:38 +0000 2010:
>>> Yep, that's it.  Sugar is entirely relying on the existence of this
>>> multicast route, and it is not present on os240py.
>>>
>>> It can temporarily be added after mesh is started:
>>>
>>>      ip route add 224.0.0.0/4 dev msh0
>> [...]
>>> Bernie, modules/base/kspost.10.core.inc in olpc-os-builder handles this
>>> for ad-hoc.  Presumably it needs a similar thing for mesh.
>>
>> What's the upstream ticket for this bug (the multicast route being missing)?
>> This might explain quite a bit of the trouble I had with collaboration
>> (though not all of it).
>
> You can find the discussion on the NetworkManager list. It wasn't
> concluded, Dan Williams needs to be prodded more so that we can come
> up with a solution.
>
> Daniel

Ok, testing with setting the route helped here, too. For some reason, it
took a while until I could share.

Daniel, I searched a bit on the NM-list but could not find that previous
discussion, can you point me to it?

Thanks,
    Simon

PS: as mesh support will land in 0.84 soon, we want to set our system up
for that http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/2015.