#10246 NORM Future : XO-1.5 -- add mesh capability

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Fri Jul 23 23:56:25 EDT 2010

>> This was with os207 on the XO-1.5 -- that build does not have the new
>> "thin firmware" described in the "XO-1.5_Wireless_Test_Report"
>
>  Yes, I know.  But it can be added for testing, and the target audience for
>  this testing is developers.  See
>  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO-1.5_Wireless_Test_Setup

Yes, I installed the "thin firmware" as per "XO-1.5_Wireless_Test_setup"
in os206 and tested with it.  My conclusion - with an Access Point, it
worked as well as the "non-thin firmware" for the XO-1.5.  I did not
succeed in setting wlan0 interface to anything besides 'Managed' mode.

Since os207 became available, I've installed that on my XO-1.5 in place
of the os206 + "thin firmware".  At least, the "non-thin" firmware adds
'Ad-Hoc' mode.

mikus

p.s.  'os207-8GB' works well for me.