os206 - slow data transfers

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Wed Jul 21 23:47:11 EDT 2010

> Use of iperf on a local network can be easily reproduced, however.

I'm sorry - what I am interested in is how quickly I can download a new
build to the XO with my existing setup -- I am NOT interested in how
well a special-purpose tool (iperf) performs on my existing LAN.

Anyway - running iperf with an XO-1 as the iperf server:

My throughput numbers are 1/10 (or even less) of Quozl's.  [Even though
the ethernet switch(es) on my LAN are advertised as 100Mb, I've never
gotten high throughput rates on that LAN.]

By the end of a period of testing, the throughput to the XO-1.5 client
was only 3% slower than the throughput to the XO-1 client.  The 'top'
values for (wa) and (hi) were zero for the iperf clients.  The only
difference was the (sy) value - 6% for the XO-1.5 client, 2% for the
XO-1 client.

mikus