[IAEP] Redesigning: Library, Read, Get-Books, and Content bundles

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Tue Jul 20 16:29:50 EDT 2010

On 20 July 2010 12:33, Reuben K. Caron <reuben at laptop.org> wrote:
> So what if we created a "Library Activity"
> The activity would:
> -Open a book from within the activity
> -Highlight and annotate books
> -List all of the books you have downloaded
> -Allow you to search and download additional books from Feed Books,
> Internet Archive, the XS, etc..
> -List the resources in /home/olpc/Library (so this can be removed from
> Browse)
> -Allow one to synchronously or asynchronously share a book to their
> Neighborhood so anyone can download and read it.

I'd argue that some of this is duplication of functionality that
belongs (or already is) in the Journal and the Read activity, having
such a design might kill some UI complications but add others.

Parts of your concerns could be addressed with some ideas I wrote here:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Content_support#Accessing_content_from_home_screen

I agree that this definitely merits further design/discussion.

Daniel