camera ribbon

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 17 09:44:23 EDT 2010

In my 5th (!) reattachment of the G1G1 XO-1 camera ribbon, I took everything apart and I added some scotch-tape on the back of the ribbon at the latch-point hopping to stay firmer attached (will see in few days… ;-)
In the process I realized that the camera housing is actually attached with adhesive tape on the vertical USB port.
So every time you plug something in this port (I use it almost 95% of the time) you actually wiggle the camera housing. This, I m assuming, results in the ribbon detachment.
Maybe for XO-1.75 the housing should be changed so will not be in contact with the USB port anymore but only with the mobo (at 4 points)?
As Mikus says… I'm just sharing my observations…