Announce: OLPC software strategy.

Andrew van der Stock vanderaj at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 09:21:13 EDT 2010

Hi Chris,

Can we work on QEMU with the F12 / F13 ARM port to emulate user land of XO 1.75 and Sugar? I think that would be helpful to get things bootstrapped earlier than waiting for more dev boards to arrive if an emulation mechanism could be developed.

In terms of the PS/2 closed source code - is the XO 1.75 going to use this ancient connector at all? I'd hate to see folks waste time reverse engineering closed source, even if it's likely to be a few hundreds of lines if that.

I'd be interested in helping if I could. I have experience writing X11 drivers (way back in the 1990's on the old Matrox cards) and low level printer drivers (pnm2ppa is one of mine), and did a bit of porting of ReiserFS to Alpha on Suse Linux for Alpha back in the day.

thanks,
Andrew