GNOME/nautilus: set default to browser mode

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri Jul 9 12:24:24 EDT 2010

Hi,

In Peru, they are customizing their GNOME build in that they are
setting Nautilus to browser mode by default.
The existing default in our version of GNOME is to open one window per
directory that is opened, browser mode looks more like:
http://richbradshaw.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/nautilus.png

Does anyone have an opinion whether we should make this change
worldwide? Or make it an option in the build configuration for
olpc-os-builder users? (in the 2nd case, which would be the default?)

In all cases, the user can change preferences later.

Daniel