XO-1.5 thin firmware wireless testing

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Jul 9 02:47:32 EDT 2010

G'day,

We'd like some testers of new wireless firmware and kernel drivers for
the XO-1.5.  You'll need an XO-1.5, our stable build os206, and a
wireless access point.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO-1.5_Wireless_Test_Setup has the test
instructions.

I'm interested in experiences connecting to wireless access points;
whether the connection is made, how fast it runs, and how long you can
keep it going.

If you're brave, you can try the software access point mode.  Let us
know how it goes.

Ad-hoc is not in scope.  It doesn't work for me.  Suspend and resume
is excluded, which is why my test setup scripts turn it off.

The source is in the workspace branch of the git repository
git://dev.laptop.org/users/javier/wireless-testing by Steve deRosier.

See also
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO-1.5_Wireless_Test_Report

This is also a chance for anyone to test a 2.6.34 kernel on XO-1.5, to
see if anything interesting happens.  I've compared internal SD write
performance and there's no significant difference.

Our thanks to Javier Cardona and Steve deRosier of cozybit, Inc.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/