Uruguay violates GPL by deleting root on OLPCs

Tiago Marques tiagomnm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 19:10:58 EDT 2010

I agree with you completely.
This is bad, it's just not complete TiVoization:

"If you insert a USB flash drive or SD card, the boot firmware will only
boot from it if the files are tested and cryptographically signed by OLPC."

What stops one person of then adding root access again?
This will hardly deter theft.

Best regards,
Tiago