[ANNOUNCE] 0.90 Schedule

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Mon Jul 5 13:54:06 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have filled out the missing pieces in the 0.90 development cycle [1].
I want to highlight some important dates:

* 16th August: Feature Freeze

* 29th September: The final, new stable release

* 27th October: Bug fix release

The Sugar 0.89.x schedule is based on the GNOME 2.31.x development cycle
[2]. One reason is that Sugar as based on the GNOME stack. Another
reason is that GNOME makes sure that their release will be able to be
shipped by the major distributions. The dates of the release are made
accordingly to the GNOME schedule.

As there is not much time left for 0.90 we will focus on stabilizing and
landing the features that were left over from the last release. As well
as landing all the patches that are currently pending. New Features are
handled by the Feature process, as it has been the case in the past [3].
Make sure to read the policy what needs to be done in order that your
feature can be accepted [4]. It is a sanity check, so don't be too
worried. It is there to help the submitter and maintainer in order to
get input from the community and the release manager to track features
and their status. The actual code gets reviewed by the module maintainer.

If there are any questions, about the policy or the schedule, please ask.

Regards,
    Simon

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.90/Roadmap#Schedule
[2] http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointThirtyone