F11-for-XO1.5 Release 10.1.1 Release Candidate 4- Hardware issue?

Yioryos Asprobounitis mavrothal at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 2 03:59:14 EDT 2010

--- On Thu, 7/1/10, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> From: James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org>
> Subject: Re: F11-for-XO1.5 Release 10.1.1 Release Candidate 4- Hardware issue?
> To: "Yioryos Asprobounitis" <mavrothal at yahoo.com>
> Cc: "Fedora OLPC" <fedora-olpc-list at redhat.com>, "Chris Ball" <cjb at laptop.org>, "Devel" <devel at lists.laptop.org>, testing at lists.laptop.org
> Date: Thursday, July 1, 2010, 9:26 PM
> Yes, that sounds like a hardware type
> of problem.
>
> Suggestions for you to try ...
>
> - try a longer time without battery or external power,

How long is longer? overnight?

> - check that the AC adaptor is plugged in, in case the
> battery is
>   failing to provide enough current to start things
> up,

When I re-flash and first boot I always have AC plugged in case of a FW update or battery failure

> What model XO-1.5 is it?

I believe is a production machine (C2?)

> > On first boot it froze about 4sec into the boot
> process, I think at
>
> I'm not familiar with that message.  Could you explain
> further from your
> memory of the event what else was present?

On my first boot I start with the check mark pressed so I can see what's going on. So it was at the boot console.
I can not recall the exact message. Was something about mass storage devices but not quite remember. 4.x sec into the boot process.
Did not look like the "zero dot freeze" because the camera light was not on.

> > On hard reboot (with power button for 5sec) ...
>
> I hope you didn't do this during a firmware
> reflashing.  That would be
> bad.

No I didn't.
Actually I was surprise that was no FW update.
My XO-1.5 had q3a39, but the latest is q3a41. Is os205 using q3a39? (ok, I can find that :)

Should I be sending it back for diagnosis if everything else fails or just consider it random failure?