B R E A K T H R O U G H -- F11-on-XO1 has working video player

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Wed Jan 27 02:25:12 EST 2010

Ever since mid-December 2008, none of the newer XO-1 builds (beyond
8.2.x) were able to properly show any "moving pictures" for me.

I ended up substituting another video driver in place of xv.  That gave
me a smaller picture (sometimes showing only "snapshots" rather than a
"movie").

Having applied the ticket #9590 fix (adding 'Virtual 1200 900' to the
"Screen" section of xorg.conf), I changed my os11 systems back to using
the xv video driver.  I tested under identical conditions both with and
without the #9590 fix.  That single change made the difference -- now on
my XO_1 systems, "moving pictures" work properly in F11-on-XO1 builds.

Prior to the application of the #9590 fix I could not honestly recommend
 any builds beyond 8.2.x to an XO-1 owner.   Now I can.

mikus

p.s.  My current Mplayer command line: