Touchpad accel, spirals and xset

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 12:43:04 EST 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 11:39 PM, Paul Fox <pgf at laptop.org> wrote:
>  > Ok. How does t165/100 test? So far we have suggested tests:
>  >
>  >  - spirals test
>  >  - using etoys / scratch

So we are now testing with  xset m 7/4 0 vs xset m 165/100 0

> this afternoon i was using spirals in Paint for low-speed maneuvering,

I don't see a significant, measurable difference between the two. Been
drawing spirals and playing with etoys (btw, I love etoys more and
more)...

> and, i was mostly testing without trying to force touchpad malfunction,
> for instance by letting another finger touch the pad.  i'm still convinced
> that the new driver behavior is better than the old in the face of
> the touchpad malfunctioning -- and the xset tuning is really orthogonal
> to that in any case.

I agree it is orthogonal. I am saying 802B1 ship with the new tp code
(which does seem a good improvement), but keeps xset m settings.

If a particular deployment or usergroup is in humid places, we can ask
them to try various xset settings. Lot easier than fiddling with
kernels.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions