Touchpad accel, spirals and xset

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 05:55:13 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 8:47 PM, Paul Fox <pgf at laptop.org> wrote:
>  > According to the man page the 2nd parameter is the threshold at which
>  > the acceleration value is applied so I'm not surprised that you don't
>  > see any difference between 0 and 1.  Even 4 might be hard to see.  I
>  > think that to see a difference for fine motor this value will have be in
>  > the 5 to 10 range.

Right -- I did apply Paul's recommendations. The manpage isn't
necesarily going to know all the interactions between our TP, kernel
driver and xorg input driver. Experimentation and source review carry
more weight.

I assume Paul did both -- he's been looking at this for a while.

Now, in my experimentation with the values he supplied, it did not
make any difference.

> martin isn't seeing a difference, which surprises me, because i
> definitely saw a difference between 0 and 1.  from the wiki page

Ok. Gentlemen, maybe it's a better idea to grab 2 XOs, setup 802 on
one, 802B1 on the other, and run a quick test with the stock settings,
and other settings you think might help.

Also, Paul, did you get any response from deployments on whether the
new kernel + xset values improved noticeably on the jumpyness?

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions